Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interesting Article - 5 biggest IT security mistakes

I was forwarded a very interesting article yesterday from Network World.  Here is the link

Number 4 on the list is "Not preparing for data breach".  Interesting to note, I would say this is number 1.  In my course of work as both a consultant and instructor, I am still amazed at how many companies are lacking in IT security preparedness.  What could be more imporant than protecting a companies assets?

I understand the need for a business to get revenue to pay the bills.  I also understand that one security breach can also cost a company revenue or even put a company under.  Being prepared for a breach and protecting from a breach are important so a company can continue to do business.  If there is an interruption in service or access to assets, it does not take long for a company to be out of business. 

Security is a hot topic right now in IT, lets hope more companies get on board....

No comments:

Post a Comment